Imagine you had a tough day; you come back home, still try to fix dinner for your kids, help them with their homework before you finally hit the bed. And the next morning, you are struggling to wake up, so you can get your kids ready for school. For every parent out there, I know how difficult this can be.
And some days, due to stress, you might oversleep, and that automatically means your child would sleep too. One way to combat this problem is by getting an alarm clock for your child. That way, even though you were not able to wake up early to get them ready for school, their alarm clock would do that.
Another reason why it is essential to get an alarm clock for your child is to regulate their sleep. I mean, there is no doubt that rest is one of the most crucial aspects of the life of every child. When a child is exposed to an improper sleep routine, it could affect their health. Now, with the help of an alarm clock, you get to send your kids to bed on time and also wake them up early in a friendly manner.
Quick Look At Our Top 5 Picks In 2021
|Image ||Product ||Features || |
|locky alarm clock|
- It is the best alarm for heavy sleepers
- It is easy to set the time or snooze
- The wheels run smoothly on different surfaces, including wood, tiles, or carpet
|View Best Price|
|Philips Wake-Up Light|
- It wakes a kid up naturally with its colorful sunrise stimulation
- The light comes on gradually until it lights up the entire room
- The brightness level can be easily adjusted
|View Best Price|
|Betus Alarm Clock|
- It is perfect for children who sleep lightly and also for those who need complete silence to fall asleep
- It helps kids to learn how to tell time accurately
- It adds allure to your kid’s bedroom
|View Best Price|
|Plumeet Alarm Clock|
- It is perfect for kids who need complete silence to fall asleep
- It is small and super easy to use
- It wakes up your kid in a friendly manner
|View Best Price|
|Travelwey LED Alarm Clock|
- The alarm still sounds in power-saving mode
- It has an AC power cord that supplies electricity to keep it running
- Backup power can be provided through two AAA batteries
|View Best Price|
There are many alarm clocks you can pick for your kids, regardless of their age. And no, their alarm clocks are way different from those meant for adults. They come with a whole lot of exciting features, which could be large buttons, night lights, wheels, and lots more. But if you are still confused about the model to get for your child, here are the five (5) best alarm clocks for nine or ten-year-olds in 2021.
The alarm clock is a unique one as it has wheels that rotate. These wheels help it spin off the bedside table and across the floor while making some fascinating sounds. The only way to turn it off is by getting out of your bed and racing after it.
If your kid is a deep sleeper, then this alarm would be perfect. It was invented to stop or prevent heavy sleepers from hitting the snooze button. Again, your kid racing after an alarm clock every morning could be a fun way to start the day. Don’t you think so?
Besides the wheels and loud alarm noise, the unit has a large digital display and a maximum drop height of about three feet. It equally operates on four AAA batteries.
- It is the best alarm for heavy sleepers.
- It is easy to set the time or snooze.
- The wheels run smoothly on different surfaces, including wood, tiles, or carpet.
- It can help your child break the snooze habits.
- It can be annoying running after an alarm clock every morning.
- It makes a child jolt out of sleep, which is not an ideal way to wake up after a night’s rest.
- While it jumps off the bedside desk and rolls off, there is a possibility that it can knock into other things.
Is your child upset by loud sounds but responds well to visual cues? Then, Philip Wake Up Light is the perfect alarm clock to get for him or her. The alarm clock provides a pleasant and natural way to start your morning.
One of its features is a colored sunrise simulation. 20 or 30 minutes before your alarm time, the light will come on gradually, and it gets brighter within seconds. It is as if you are waking up with the rising of the sun. This entire process helps for a night of natural and restful sleep.
Again, it has an elegant appearance and is safe for children. It equally has a smooth and modern design with a large, easy-to-read LED display, and a snooze button, as well as a power output of 12watt and voltage, 100/240 volt.
- It wakes a kid up naturally with its colorful sunrise stimulation.
- The light comes on gradually until it lights up the entire room.
- The brightness level can be easily adjusted.
- There is an option of setting the alarm with light only or both light and sound.
- It has a speaker for music from the built-in FM radio or nature sounds.
- It wakes the child up peacefully.
- It doesn’t work for children who are deep sleepers.
- The preset nature sounds are very alike.
- It allows only one radio station to be saved.
Is your child a light sleeper? Then this is the perfect alarm clock for him or her. This model does not have that irritating, tick-tock sound that you hear from some traditional alarm clocks. It has this excellent design that would get your child fascinated.
Again, it is made from high stainless metal, has flashing eye lights and clips for hands. It has the shape of a robot, has two knobs on its back, and runs on two AAA batteries.
- It is perfect for children who sleep lightly and also for those who need complete silence to fall asleep.
- It helps kids to learn how to tell time accurately.
- It adds allure to your kid’s bedroom.
- It has clip hands that can be used to deliver handwritten notes.
- It’s a perfect gift to get for your kids.
- It would not be of benefit to kids who are heavy sleepers.
- Because it takes the form of a toy-like robot, most curious kids would usually fiddle with it until it gets broken.
This alarm clock is straightforward to set up, easy to read, and perfect for your child that is a deep sleeper. It has a simple and uncomplicated design. Unlike the robot-like alarm clock models, it is merely a cube with a square clock face that would tell your child the time and date. It requires a single AA battery, comes in a variety of colors, and has a backlight, as well as luminous hands.
- It is perfect for kids who need complete silence to fall asleep.
- It is small and super easy to use.
- It wakes up your kid in a friendly manner.
- It is affordable.
- It is very portable.
- There is a possibility that your child might oversleep.
- Some kids may want something more fascinating.
Is your kid scared of the dark? Then, this is the perfect alarm clock to buy. It is designed with a big night light, which can be activated by just pressing a button on top of the device. This model equally has a loud alarm, with volume controls for adjusting its intensity depending on how deep your child sleeps. The alarm clock is also ideal for a child that is partially deaf or has trouble hearing.
- The alarm still sounds in power-saving mode.
- It has an AC power cord that supplies electricity to keep it running.
- Backup power can be provided through two AAA batteries.
- Night light feature.
- The time is displayed in thick LED digits with adjustable brightness.
- 9-minute snooze.
- Adjustable alarm volume.
- 5-minute alarm shut-off.
- Repeat alarm.
- The 5-minute alarm shut-off is quite long and may disturb your partner.
- The snooze may not be adjusted.
Key Considerations When Choosing An Alarm Clock For Your 9 & 10-year Olds
Design: Get an alarm clock that is of high quality and would last very well. You should not just stroll to the market and get an alarm clock simply because it is cheap. I am not saying that you should not consider the price of the clock, but quality should always come first before the price. If you find a model with the right design that costs more, you may want to increase your budget to ensure that you get the desired alarm clock.
Your Kid’s Age: Again, when choosing an alarm clock for your child, consider their age. At the age of 9 or 10, it is absurd to get your child an alarm clock that is for toddlers. You might want to get them something that looks fascinating, with a creative design to enable them to learn how to tell time too.
Extra Features: When choosing an alarm clock for your child, the first thing you should always consider is the features. It should be fun and useful. Because they are kids, they would want something colorful and fun. Again, make sure that the alarm clock is easy to read and set. There are models with wheels, those that simulate sunrise, robot designs, and lots more.
Price: It would be best if you also considered the cost of the product you are buying before getting them. When you check out the value of the alarm clock, always weigh it with the amount you have in your pocket. If it is more than what you have, then you can go for the models at a lesser price. In other words, always get what you can afford.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Is there a particular alarm clock that my child requires?
It depends on your child’s personality. For example, if your child is a heavy sleeper, you might want to get a very loud alarm clock for him or her. You cannot get the same type of alarm clock for children that are deaf or partially deaf. And if your child is always scared of the dark, then it is better to get the models with nightlight like the Travelwey LED Digital Alarm Clock.
Is there a reason why I should get my child an alarm clock?
There are many reasons why it is advisable to get your child an alarm clock. First, it would make it easier to wake them up every morning to prepare for school. It is equally fun and infuses this sense of responsibility in them. When a child doesn’t need mummy or daddy to wake him or her up every morning, he or she starts feeling responsible, which is a good thing.
Are these alarm clocks meant for just kids or parents?
The alarm clocks highlighted above can be used for both kids and parents since they can help teach a child about going to bed and changing what could be a frustrating bedtime behavior. Your kids can continue to use these clocks as they grow into adults. There is no limitation.
Most parents usually have this terrible habit of waking their kids up by splashing water on them. We all find that act very annoying because that was exactly how we were woken up while we were kids. So, instead of doing this to your kids, it is better to study their personality traits and get the appropriate alarm clock for them. It would help if you also considered the above factors listed to ensure that your kid maintains a good sleeping routine.